Thank you for thinking of SafeHouse Denver as a potential beneficiary of your upcoming event or initiative!
Each year, community members like you who support SafeHouse Denver’s mission, plan and participate in events or initiatives to raise the funds that are needed to help adults, children and youth in reclaiming their right to a life free from domestic violence. Your generosity is essential to SafeHouse Denver's ability to provide services to victims of domestic violence - services that save lives and empowers survivors.
Looking for some ideas?
This list is certainly not exhaustive. If you’ve got a great idea, we’d love to hear about it!
- Party with a Purpose: Are you already planning a birthday party, engagement party, or baby shower? If your guests are expecting to bring a gift, but you’re all set on towels and diapers, why not ask them to bring a donation to SafeHouse Denver instead? For the adults and children escaping domestic violence, your generosity will mean the world. Click here to learn more ideas about partying with a purpose.
- Spaghetti Dinner or Pancake Breakfast: Low cost meals that please a crowd! Make the meals in large quantities and sell tickets for all-you-care-to-eat. This is fun way to engage a small group of friends, or a large congregation.
- Trivia Night: Grab some trivia cards (or make your own!) and a group of people who think they’re pretty smart. Have some prizes (donated from local businesses) for the winners and charge individuals/teams an entry fee to participate. Increase attendees’ awareness and education by including thoughtful and non-harmful questions related to domestic violence.
- Car Wash: With just a few supplies – buckets, towels and soap – and a fun group of people, you can make the world a shinier place. Cars will sparkle and the donations you receive will go a long way in helping light up the faces of the clients SafeHouse Denver serves.
- Bake Sale: It may seem like your grandmother’s fundraiser, but there is a reason they are still around – everyone loves treats! These are particularly successful if you already have a large group of people gathering, like at a church service.
- SafeHouse Social: Host a get together at your house or place of business. You pick the party theme, date, location, guest list and suggested donation/ticket price. Your guests will enjoy spending time with you and helping out a great cause at the same time.
Maybe planning an event isn’t quite your idea of fun. No problem! If you have another idea of how to help out, we’re always open to new ideas and appreciative of every effort to support the survivors of domestic violence that seek the services of SafeHouse Denver.
Many of your questions may be answered in the Third Party Event & Initiative Guidelines. However, we are more than happy to discuss your event idea and how we can work together to help raise the funds needed to make every house a Safe House! For questions or more information, contact Shannon at
or at 303-302-6126.